Sunday, March 4, 2018

high end makeup review: YSL and Givenchy


High end makeup is a luxury that I don't treat myself to very often. Every now and then? Sure. On a regular basis? No way. So you can imagine my shock and delight when two high end lip products entered my life. Out of everything lining the shelves at Sephora, these likely wouldn't have been my first choices....but trying them out was exhilarating. The latest items in my makeup collection are the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick in Orange Perfecto and Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick. Today, I am going to share some of my thoughts on each one.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick in Orange Perfecto

There is only one other YSL lipstick in my current collection. It is a gorgeous peach shade that I love to wear in the springtime. This formula is a little bit different, as it is described as "an oil in a stick" with medium coverage and an innovative texture that provides shine, colour, and even conditions the lips. Here are my thoughts: the outer packaging is elegant and luxurious. The lipstick itself smells like peaches. The formula is smooth, creamy, and extremely comfortable. (This is ideal for someone like me who has dry lips.) This shade itself is a soft orange and the colour is really buildable. The first coat looks more like a lip tint but it builds really well for a more intense finish. This is a gorgeous and easy to wear product that I really enjoy!

Rating:   5/5


Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick

The other item comes from Givenchy and the packaging has a unique design. There is a looped ribbon on one end and you pull the ribbon to release the lipstick from the square casing. This was definitely a bit unusual! Something else that was a little unusual? The shade. This is a Universal Tint in the shade Noir Revelateur. While it looks black in the tube it actually goes on more like a deep mauve. Kind of like a "your lips but better" type of shade. The formula itself feels very smooth and comfortable. The only criticism I have of this one? It has that off-putting makeup scent. You know, that chemical kind of smell that a lot of super cheap makeup tends to have? Yeah. Not quite that I expect from a high end product like this. 

Rating:   3/5



It is always nice when I am able to try out something from a high end brand like YSL and Givenchy. Though these shades are the polar opposite of one another, each has its own strengths.

Are you a fan of high end makeup? What is your favourite brand?

6 comments:

  1. Such an interesting post dear! Have a lovely week! <3
    xoxo

    Things to do in Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a great week as well :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post, my dear, really interesting!
    Have a nice weekend! ♥

    New post is on my blog!
    Visit me, Malefica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Absolutely! Let me know if you try out any of these products. I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! :)

      Delete